Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whole lot of cooking going down.


Wow, Steve and I have been busy.

A couple of house keeping items. The meat based weekend vacation to Spokane was a huge success. Jeremy @ Sante' was great. We are going to visit him again in August to break down a whole hog wich will be a first for both Steve and I. I can't thank him enough for his time and passion for local amazing food.
We must also give huge thanks to Gary at Rock Ridge Ranch. He gave us a great tour of his farm and gave me what I can only descibe as the best jowl bacon I have ever had in my life. He will be a major future source of hogs for us.

But back to what we are doing back at home.




So in the last week we have:
Made Balinese Curry pork Sausages
Made Basil Chicken Sausages
Broke down a duck and started prosciutto with the breast and confit with the legs and made stock from the bones.
Made Pancetta wich is now hanging to dry.
Made a turkey and chicken sage sausage.
Made Pork Rillettes.
Rendered a decent ammount of lard.

Not bad for a weeks work but on a sad note...... we took very little pictures. I know, I know. Blogs suck without pictures. I will try to tak a bunch tonight. The above pic is of Steve working on our little fowl friend and the finished product.

On the beer front. Both of the 60min and AB batches have been kegged and are carbing up. Thanks for taking the time to check in. I promise I'll have more pics up soon.

Cheers! - Josiah

2 comments:

  1. Keep me up to speed on the duck proscuitto... I've been dying to make it.. and since it's so simple, I'm not sure why I haven't.

    Maybe this is the inspiration I need to get off my tookus.

    todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Todd. You should totally get a duck and do like we did. Proscuitto the breasts, confit the legs and make some killer stock for soup. It's so damn easy and based on what your other stuff turns out like it will be wonderful I'm sure. My AB clone is in the keg carbing up right now. I'll make sure to set aside a six pack of it to bring down and share with you.

    ReplyDelete