Friday, May 28, 2010

Going ons

I just wanted to post up a few of the things I have coming up to keep everyone in the loop. There are a few cool things coming up for me.
I did brew my DFH 60min clone this last weekend but my camera was without batteries so no pics. I'll take some when I dry hop it so at least not all will be lost. I'll be brewing my Arrogant Bastard clone this weekend so I should have stuff on that next week.
On the sausage front, I'll be doing some lamb sausage this weekend. Steve is out of town visiting family in Cali so hopefully I can get an extra pair of hands from my understanding wife who puts up with all of my food and beverage obsessions. I'm planning a greek sausage and a north african one. Should be very yummy.

Here is where it gets real good. Steve, the wife and I will be heading to Spokane soon to visit friends. Things to do while we are gone? How about...
Eat @ Salumi in Seattle - yes it is totally worth waiting in line. If you don't know about Salumi check out their web page.
Get some hard to find cuts and fat at Uwajimaya in Seattle. I was just turned on to this place by a friend. They put the SUPER in asian supermarket.
Eat @ Sante' in Spokane. My favorite charcuterie place east of the mountains and my favorite place to eat in Spokane. Please don't pass them up if you are ever in town. Jeremy the owner and head chef is going to be kind enough to answer some questions Steve and I have. We are stoked.
Get pizza @ Davids in Spokane. This place rocks my socks off. It's like crack for me.
Talk to Gary @ Rocky Ridge Ranch about ordering a hog and pick up some fat from him. He raises heritage Berkshire hogs at his ranch and we are very excited to talk with him.
And that is not even counting the friends we are going to see and the good times that will be had with them. Like I said, some pretty cool stuff is coming up.
Cheers! - Josiah

4 comments:

  1. Josiah.. If you decide to extend your trip and come down to Portland, let me know.. I'd love to do a charcuterie ( and your Arrogant Bastard Clone ) tasting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the AB clone won't be ready for at least a couple of weeks. So I propose heading down your way once it's finished fermenting. It should be around the weekend of the 26/27th. If that works for you I'd love to come down and share some home made goodness. Do you know how far in advance I should let Tails know what cuts I am going to want to get? I for sure want some jowls and I'd love to get a coppa and some fat to make Lardo. Anyways let me know and I'll keep you posted on the beer status.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josiah,
    if you are still looking for a piece of fatback, you should check out bill the butcher the next time you are in the Seattle area. They get Mangalitsa pigs and I am sure that they could get some fat for you.
    Great blog and don't feel bad about not posting so much. Once a month is a load more than some of us can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check that out 2nd. Thanks for the tip. I'll probably be down that way in a couple of weeks or so.

    ReplyDelete